I'm here today to talk to you about your goals... yes.... goals. We're over halfway through the year and how are you doing about the things you wanted to do with your life this year? Did you write your goals down? Did you know that you are 42% more likely to achieve your goal if you write it down?
Six thoughts for the day to help you re-set and achieve your goals for the rest of the year...
1) People who set goals within their comfort zone don't achieve them. Why? Because there is nothing to drive you because you are already where you want to be.
2) If you want a better life/relationship/health then set goals in your discomfort zone. This is the way you create change and achieve results.
3) Remember, it is natural to feel discomfort, lack of confidence, fear, uncertainty and doubt because you have set a new challenge for yourself. But this is good! Why? Because it means you've set your goal in the right place and you are very aware of how you are doing with it.
4) Watch out for setting your goal in the delusion zone (e.g. losing too much weight in too little time) because this can be destructive, leading to frustration, not hitting your goal and apathy. What you want is change, so be aspirational but just dial it back from the delusion zone and up from the comfort zone.
5) Identify the steps and create a strategy and take action. Be grateful for how far you have come. If you don't achieve your goal in the first attempt, recognise how far and how different things are, or your results from when you started. You are getting somewhere successfully, you are just still on the journey.
6) Watch out for your limiting beliefs and challenge, re-frame them. They usually start with 'I can't because...' Is the answer in your head universally true? I can say with confidence that it isn't. If you want to do more work on your limiting beliefs you can join me for my free webinar ;) link below.
I hope that's food for thought, don't hesitate to drop me a line if you have any questions or join me online for the webinar below.